Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Loving it - week seven





I had the girls over the weekend and as mentioned in my previous post we had a fairly quiet one on the Saturday night; just Hook and meatballs for the win!

On Sunday, we visited my grandad and raided his lemon tree, so one of my things to love this week has been all the citrussy goodness brightening up our kitchen. There are bowls of lemons on the divider, on the kitchen table and on the butcher's block. Lemons everywhere and ripe with possibilities... Ben made an awesome cake with the last load and I made lemon delicious for pudding which is basically the most epic thing you can do with lemons in my opinion (apart from lemon curd which is also a triumph).  This time round we may look to incorporate them into some savoury dishes and an alcoholic beverage or two.

I had a baking fail on Sunday, but I'm gonna spin it into a positive and say I love baking- win or lose- and taking into account the wonder that was pudding on Saturday, I can live with the failure that was my date scones on Sunday.  They smelled great but looked like deformed pancakes and tasted like chewy, weird, baking powder-laced crap.  Still, I love to bake and I shall not be beaten!  Just need to find a better recipe perhaps....

Mila has gone off with my mum for the week and Juno heads off  today, so a child-free and quiet house for the rest of the week.  Have to say, I'm loving grandparents stepping up and taking care of the girls- it's a massive help and I'm always super grateful.

Hard to believe it's Wednesday already, I'm so keen for the weekend... x

PS: Check out my pretty flowers in the pic above given to us from my pals Tori and Carl who visited on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment