Pages

Sunday 6 December 2015

Loving it - week twenty three




A few things to love from the week before.... 

The shots above are of our dinner the other week which was a curious interpretation of fish tacos based on the ingredients we had around the house.

The thing to love in amongst all this is most definitely the chickpea and sweet potato salad, which I may or may not have blogged about here before. I found this recipe on Sprouted Kitchen, which is a really good blog.  They are so tasty and can be eaten hot or cold, as a main or as a side. We eat them quite a bit around our parts.

The tortillas and hot sauce pictured come from Marthas Backyard in Mt Wellington. If you ever have a hankering for American food (most of which is actually fairly foul) then you should make your way here. It's a good spot for Mexican staples and also peanut butter and jelly, pop tarts and nutter butters if those are the items that float your boat.

I'm also loving my library books lately! I have just checked out Anna Jones' How to Cook and it is so good.  I actually kinda want to buy it now, so I can keep a version at home. I have also just finished reading Unprocessed by Megan Kimble and really enjoyed it.  It reminds me of one of my favourite books Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I've already explored buying raw honey and raw milk in bulk as well as getting veges delivered to the door and purchasing our own flour mill (ahem). Ben is worried!

And in the fiction realm, I've just finished reading Life after life by Kate Atkinson.  Again, so good! If you've never read any of her books before, I really recommend them. You should start with Behind the scenes at the museum.

And the last thing I'm loving in my 23rd week is the small chats I have day-to-day with my girls. A lot of the time it's just the random sweet stuff... the 'I love you's' and 'you look nice in that top' kind of stuff that makes you happy.  But on other occasions it's the slightly more random stuff that gets you...like Juno asking for a willie for her birthday and then decreeing that if no-one bought her one, she would simply grow her own (good luck kid) and Mila, who cheerfully told me on a walk to school the other day that if you fake-burped at a rose on a rose bush, green steam came off it. This was totally true because her friend Elsie had told her.  OK kid, if you say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment