Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

Loving it- week thirteen and fourteen


Another double whammy coming at ya, because as per usual, I coudn't get my a into g last week!

I feel like I have had a busy two weeks of not doing much but feeling exhausted nonetheless - ever have one of those?

The weekend before last, my dad came up and we went and watched the All Blacks at Eden Park. It was heaps of fun, they totally wasted Australia and we had great seats. Kingsland was crazy busy that night; we got a lift in around 5pm and it was impossible to get in anywhere pretty much. Thankfully we managed to squeeze in at Citizen Park and have a few drinks before the match.

Ben and I made haloumi burgers on Friday night for dinner, which were really good.  We have made them quite a few times and always reckon that if we ever had a burger making biz they would be our go to vege burger option. They are pretty simple but so tasty- portobello mushrooms, haloumi, roasted peppers, mayo, onion and a green. 

I took dad to swimming on Saturday and thankfully June-bug got over her sudden water fears and got involved with her lesson. The last couple of times had been kind of pathetic on her part; a lot of refusing to hop in and then refusing to participate- so annoying when you know she can swim pretty well for a four-year-old! However, this weekend just gone by,, Anton informed she once again refused to get in the water and to quote Anton "Bug is done with swimming".  UGH.  I'm gonna take her this weekend and push her in. Maybe.... probably not! It is tempting though.

This weekend just gone by was pretty low key. I worked the Saturday and babysat my nieces, who are little well-behaved blonde angels. We ate brisket, which Ben had smoked all day in his weber with coleslaw, bbq sauce in fresh bread rolls and we watched Guardians of the Galaxy at the girls request (I may or may not have dozed off for the most part).

On Sunday, Ben and I had one of those 'get shit done' type days, which involved markets, supermarket, briscoes for a toaster, rebel sports for a yoga mat and Real Groovy for some record perusal.  I bought two rippers (as pictured) for a whopping $7.  What a bargain hunter.

Anyhoo, here's some stuff I have been loving of late, listed in no particular order...

First up, I have started watching The Walking Dead's first season and subsequently have had a whole series of zombie apocalypse extreme survival-type dreams.  
At a glance this would not seem like the series for me, but I'm totally hooked on it. The new spin-off series starring Cliff Curtis starts tonight and I'm pretty amped on that too.

Some other things I'm grateful for this week include: having my girls for an extra night this week (thanks Anton), rediscovering chocolate ice cream, my daily eight thirty coffee, hot water bottles and topshop tights (honestly, they are the best). John came off his medication a week ago but is doing remarkably well. So well, in fact he is heading home today to continue his respite care at home. Another week with John about is definitely something to love.

Also, Little Sister in Henderson is a recent discovery and it is so good. I would recommend anyone who finds themselves in that part of the world to head there asap for Kokako coffee, great breakfast options and the most enticing cabinet food you've ever clapped eyes on.

Also, whileIi'm giving a shout out to yummy places to eat, I have to mention Musashi in New Lynn as well.  Ben and I went there for date night on Fri and it was so good. We sat at the back at a long granite bench and got a shared menu for two with Beef Sukiyaki, green salad and Agedashi tofu as our mains.  The presentation of the beef had extremely high novelty value- it comes in a little pot and cooks down at your table.  It was all really tasty, prettily presented and worth the money (imo).  Also, it's BYO which always gets a big tick from us!

And there you have it, two weeks of stuff rolled into one little ole blog post. Have a happy week everyone x


No comments:

Post a Comment