Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

Loving it - week four


Another week has raced by and I had thought I would have blogged mid-week, hopefully about a wee kitty that's meant to be coming into our lives but, alas, she has been waylaid (again). So once again, I'm faced with making a list of things I love having survived a somewhat disappointing, topsy/turvy week.

But still... there were quite a few things to love, like a weekend in Tairua, dinner with the girls and Ben at Happy (a curious Japanese joint in New Lynn), combing through Kings' online seed catalogue and smashing fish and chips at Kaiaua on the way home today.

Actually, when I really wrack my brain I realise there's even more to be loving this week, like:
 (in no particular order)
* Reading the Viva on Wednesday (a work highlight)
* Eating banana bread (even though, really, I'm meant to be sugar-free)
* Making it to the gas station when I was convinced I was gonna run out at any second
* Dog cuddles from Bonnie
* Dumplings for dinner
* The sympathetic 'I'm on your side' look from a stranger in the supermarket after I yelled at my seven-year-old in the ice cream aisle about the importance of sharing and considering other people's needs
* The equally sympathetic look from the Countdown worker, who tapped me on the shoulder while I was paying to give me back the sanitary pad I had hiffed out of my bag when I pulled my wallet out
* Getting lost on The Planthunter website looking at beautiful gardens and then getting to new levels of 'inspiredness' dreaming up all the epic things I could do in our backyard
* Managing to re-pierce my ears so I could wear my nana's earrings!

Have a happy week everyone :)






No comments:

Post a Comment