Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

Loving it - week six


It's a Monday and I'm already fantasizing about the weekend and the down time that hopefully lies ahead!

The weekend just gone Ben and I road-tripped up to Whangarei to buy a new bbq/smoker type thing he bought off trademe. We missioned up early Saturday morning, stopping in Wellsford for a pie. On the way back we hit the op-shops in Waipu and stopped in Warkworth for a snack and a beer. We also had an 'almost' accident and nearly slammed into the back of another car- way too exhilarating!

Still there was plenty to love about the day- lots of sunshine and a bit of adventuring.

We also went out for dinner which was super nice, and one of the things i'm loving this week is definitely friendship. Friends are ace and without them the world would be a lonely and boring place.

Here are a few other things I've found to love in the week gone by:
* Pad See Ew (spelling is iffy) from Mekong Neua -yum.
* Chia pudding - Ben and I are late adopters when it comes to jumping on wholefood crazes, but better late than never with this one, so, so yummy.
*My poppa - I visited him twice this weekend in hospital and he's just so damn sweet.
*My step-dad John's birthday afternoon tea up in Orewa- Harriet took me up with my darling nieces and we got to eat delicious egg sandwiches and catch up with step rellies that I haven't seen for ages.
*The NZ International Film Festival- tickets went on sale on Friday and we've booked ourselves in for The Lobster and Enchanted Kingdom, which we are taking the girls to.  Exciting!

Still so many things up in the air at the moment; haven't heard what's happening with my job yet, my poppa is in and out of hospital, my mum's been sick, I seem to have spent all my hard earned dollars in about two seconds flat and... Olive ate my iPhone cord!  Aargh!  

Yet, despite this, I gotta say things have been pretty sweet and I'm just glad i get to spend most of my time with those crazy loons in the photos up the top.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment